Terms of Service
Welcome to mbqip.rchitexas.org (the "Site"). The Site and any services provided by Rural and Community Health Institute (“RCHI”) on or in connection with the Site (the "Services") are provided to you individually or, if you are subscribing to the Site on behalf of an organization, the entity on whose behalf you act ("You") subject to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"). By using or subscribing to the Site or the Services, You agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If You do not agree to these Terms of Service, do not use the Site or the Services.
You affirm that you are over 13 years of age. If you are 13 years of age or under, you may not use the Site or the Services.
2. Changes to these Terms of Service
RCHI reserves the right to make changes to these Terms of Service by advising You of the proposed change using a form of notice that is appropriate for the nature of the proposed change(s), including where appropriate by posting amended Terms of Service on the Site. The changes are effective on the earlier of
• (i) RCHI providing You with notice of such changes, or
• (ii) 14 days after the amended Terms of Service are posted on the Site.
If You do not agree to the amended Terms of Service, do not use the Site or the Services after the effective date of the amendment.
4. Use of the Site
Effective upon RCHI’s acceptance of your request to become a registered user of the Site and provided that You continue to comply with these Terms of Service, RCHI grants to You a personal, non-assignable, license to log into and access the Site and to place content on the Site ("Your Content"). Some of the services offered by RCHI are free of charge, while others may cost money or have other requirements. Any such fees or requirements will be clearly explained and separately agreed to when You subscribe to such services.
5. Your Content
You are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to provide Your Content to RCHI for hosting, transmission, and publication in connection with the Site and the Services and, notwithstanding any disclaimers or limitations otherwise applicable in respect of Your Content, You agree to hold harmless and indemnify RCHI for any liability arising from Your Content.
By submitting Your Content to RCHI, You automatically grant, and You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, to RCHI and its licensees an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable and worldwide license to reproduce, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, publish, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), distribute, prepare derivative works (including collections) of, incorporate into other works and otherwise use and exploit Your Content in connection with the Site and RCHI's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including, without limitation, for promoting, advertising and redistributing part or all of the Site and derivative works thereof in any media formats and through any media channels, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
You also hereby grant each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access Your Content through the Site, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform Your Content as permitted through the functionality of the Site and under these Terms of Service. RCHI reserves the right to remove Your Content, in whole or in part, from the Site at any time. Unless otherwise stated for specific Services, RCHI does not assert any ownership over Your Content; rather, as between RCHI and You, subject to the rights and licenses granted to RCHI in these Terms of Service, You retain full ownership of all Your Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with Your Content.
6. Termination of Access
If You use the Site in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms of Service, RCHI may without notice terminate or suspend Your use of or access to the Site or the Services.
7. Changes to the Site
RCHI reserves the right to change any aspect of the Site or the Services including the right to refuse or remove any content, whatever the source, at any time without any notice or liability to You.
8. Prohibited Use of the Site
The Site is provided to You for your personal use. You may not use the Site to engage in any unlawful activity or to infringe the rights of RCHI, its affiliates, or its customers.
You further agree that You will not and You will not allow Your representatives or agents to:
• (i) interfere with the operation of the Site or the Services, in any way or interfere with anyone's use or enjoyment of the Site or the Services, or use the Site or the Services to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems;
• (ii) send chain letters, junk mail, or spam or use any distribution lists in respect of any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process or to distribute or publish advertisements or solicitations of business;
• (iii) transmit any unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, or harmful material of any kind or nature or transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, provincial, state, national or international law or regulation;
• (iv) impersonate any person or entity on or through the Site; • (v) post any content that may be considered threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
• (vi) post any content that You do not own or do not have the right to post;
• (vii) reverse assemble, reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the software used in the Site or any component thereof (except as permitted under applicable local law after having given RCHI written notice of requiring such information or specifications for the good faith and reasonable purpose of interoperability);
• (viii) copy, reproduce, modify, sell, lease, scrape content from or aggregate, sublicense, market, or otherwise change or commercially exploit in any way the Site or the Services or any component thereof other than as may be expressly permitted in writing by RCHI or as permitted pursuant to any fair use, fair dealing, or similar provisions of applicable laws; or
• (ix) disclose Your password or otherwise grant access to the Site to any third party,
other than Your authorized agent, without the prior written consent of RCHI) You agree to abide by all additional rules, policies, and restrictions of which You are provided with notice that apply to any portion of the Site or the Services.
9. Operation and Maintenance of the Site
RCHI operates the Site in a commercially reasonable manner and may from time to time interrupt the Site's services for regular and emergency maintenance. Where RCHI has advance knowledge of any interruption to the Site's services, RCHI will make reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of any such interruption.
10. Monitoring Use of the Site
RCHI has no obligation to monitor its Services, but may do so and disclose information regarding use of the Services for any reason if RCHI, in its sole discretion, believes that it is reasonable to do so, including, without limitation, to:
• (i) satisfy laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests,
• (ii) operate the Services properly, or
• (iii) protect itself and its customers and users.
11. Intellectual Property of RCHI
The copyright to the Site, the design and appearance of the Site, and all software, processes and technology interactive with the materials and content placed on the Site by You or other users are owned by or licensed to RCHI.
RCHI reserves all rights in any such proprietary rights, and no license is hereby granted or implied, such rights being exclusively reserved and retained by RCHI strictly for Your access and use of the Site and Services. All content and materials are protected by law against unauthorized copying and reproduction. Any use, reproduction, or distribution of material, including caching, framing, or similar means, from the Site (except as permitted herein) without written permission of RCHI is expressly prohibited. © Copyright 2009 RCHI. All rights reserved. ["RCHI"] and [“RCHI”] are registered or unregistered trade-marks of RCHI or its affiliates or associates in the United States or other countries.
Other service and product marks that appear on the Site are the trade-marks of their respective owners. The display of any trade-marks on the Site does not imply that a license has been granted for any further use.
12. Claims of Infringement
RCHI respects the intellectual property rights of others. However, third party materials that are not owned or controlled by RCHI may be transmitted, stored, accessed or otherwise made available using the Service. You agree to notify RCHI if and to the extent any situation arises wherein you believe any material available through the Service infringes a copyright. Any claimant must notify RCHI using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and provide the following:
If you believe that your work has been copied and has been posted, stored or transmitted to RCHI’s website or Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing RCHI's designated agent the following written information:
• (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest,
• (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon,
• (iii) a specific description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website,
• (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address,
• (v) a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and
• (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury,
that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
13. Dealing with Third Parties
Any correspondence or business dealings with any third parties found on or through the Site is solely between You and such parties. RCHI is not responsible for any damages You may claim or suffer by entering into such transactions or communications. You and the third party, not RCHI, are responsible for compliance with all laws applicable in any such transaction or communication.
14. No Warranties and No Liability
You acknowledge and agree that the Site and the Services are provided to You on an "AS IS", "WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES" and "WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY" basis. The parties to these Terms of Service acknowledge and agree that this limitation on liability is reasonable in the circumstances.
RCHI DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, WHICH MAY CONTAIN ERRORS. YOU SHOULD NOT ASSUME THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE ERROR FREE OR THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION.
RCHI DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS REGARDING USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND WHETHER ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE.
RCHI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF USE, LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS, FAILURE TO REALIZE EXPECTED SAVINGS, OR ANY PECUNIARY LOSS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, CIVIL LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, EVEN IF RCHI HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES ARE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
WHERE THE LIMITATION OR THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES IS NOT ALLOWED, THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS, AND DISCLAIMERS IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL NOT APPLY ONLY IF AND TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAWS OF A COMPETENT JURISDICTION REQUIRES LIABILITIES BEYOND AND DESPITE THESE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS, AND DISCLAIMERS.
15. Limit on Damages and Claims
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE AGGREGATE OF RCHI'S LIABILITY TO YOU IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EXCEED THE FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU IN RESPECT OF THE SITE OR, IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE NOT PAID ANY FEES IN RESPECT OF THE SITE, $500.00 (US).
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY RCHI AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, LIABILITY, DAMAGES, OR COSTS THEY INCUR ARISING AS A RESULT OF YOUR MISUSE OF THE SITE, YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, OR YOUR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHT OF RCHI OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, INCLUDING SUCH ACTIVITIES THAT ARE CARRIED OUT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL USING YOUR LOGIN OR PASSWORD INFORMATION.
17. Entire Agreement
These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice at here and any other legal notices published on the Website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and RCHI concerning the Site. A waiver by RCHI of any terms herein shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of this Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to choice of law principles. This agreement is accepted and performed at Travis County, Texas, and venue shall be proper only in that county. No amendments or modifications to this Agreement shall be effective or binding against RCHI unless expressly agreed to in writing by an authorized representative of RCHI. In the event any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any applicable statute or rule of law, then such provisions shall be deemed inoperative to the extent that they are invalid, illegal or unenforceable, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Any invalid, illegal or unenforceable provisions shall be reformed and modified so that they express the original intent of the parties hereto as closely as reasonably practicable without being invalid, illegal or unenforceable.